Behind the Scenes: SF Tastemakers Photoshoot

posted on: Friday, April 5, 2013

I recently had the opportunity and pleasure of styling a photoshoot for Retrofit Republic's Spring 2013 look book...I'm beyond thrilled at our final product which you can also view in my portfolio, but you might be wondering how we made it all happen. Well, long before the models grace the pages, long before they even begin to start looking more dapper and glamorous than they already are, and much longer before each tangelo is delicately placed on every place setting, the creative masterminds get to work on planning, prepping, schlepping, and styling every little detail that you see in front of you. It's no small feat, but truly a labor of love.  While the final masterpiece may look amazing, the back end of our jobs are definitely not always glamorous, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

In my previous life, I've worked in cubicles, stared endlessly into a computer screen from 9-5 as I remained sedentary for the majority of those hours, performed mind-numbing data entry for what seemed to be ages, and in the process, stifling my own creativity.  While there are those of us who seek comfort in routines, I savor and long for moments of spontaneity that come when I get inspired by the seemingly small things in life: an image captured with the most ambient light, the sweet scent of springtime blossoms serving as a gentle reminder that it's never too late for sweet new beginnings, or the purity and innocence of a baby's giggle that beckons for me to slow down and dance in the puddles more often than I jump across it.

These moments matter to me. Details matter to me. Doing what I love matters to me.  And relishing every bit of it matters deeply to me. So, what matters to you? You don't have to answer all at once..but here's to taking some time out to do that things that truly matter to each of us.

And of course, something else that really matters to me are beautiful images captured a la my iPhone. Enjoy!


I'm still swooning over this little darling from Public Bikes SF  {All images via my iPhone 5}


chandara creative food styling blood orange salad
Lao-style duck larb + blood orange & pomelo salad...cooked & styled by yours truly








chandara creative food styling banh mi
Are you drooling yet? I am too..these banh mi didn't make it in the look book, but goodness..they're decadent! 


Fresh meyer lemons, oro blanco grapefruits, and tangelos gracing the bar -- all hand-picked from a friend's backyard


Executive Stylist Jenny Ton working her magic in her neon green jeans...love!


We let our models sleep or smile...whatever they prefer


chandara creative food styling foreign cinema jeremy tooker
Our photographer, Isabella, making our Jeremy Tooker (owner of  Four Barrel Coffee) look his best

And of course, this shoot wouldn't be complete without a proper behind the scenes video for you to enjoy.  So sit back, relax, and stay inspired, friends.  Then once you're done with that, get your tickets to Retrofit Republic's OFFICIAL Tastemakers Video LookBook Launch Party that's happening this weekend at San Francisco's newest urban winery, Tank 18, chock full of prize packages worth over $3K and the fantabulous Off the Grid food trucks will be there in tow.  I'm an official sponsor of the event along with some of my favorites including Anthology Magazine Public Bikes SF, so don't miss out!  You can purchase tickets via EventBrite today and enter in code TastemakersFF for a special discount for my blog readers.  I can't wait to see you there!



Behind the Scenes Video of Retrofit Republic's Community Heroes: The Tastemakers Edition Lookbook from Retrofit Republic on Vimeo.


----------------
executive producers + wardrobe styling: Retrofit Republic | food styling + design: Chandara Creative | look book photography: Isabella Bejarano | videography: Connie Gao + Hanrui Wang | hair-styling: Geneive Jaramilla | venue:  Foreign Cinema SF

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Chandara Creative All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger