Whether you're single or taken, Valentine's Day should simply be a day to celebrate the people you love, romantic or otherwise. During college, when the hubs and I were in the throws of a long-distance relationship, my Valentines were always my girls, and to this day, I'm so happy I have those memories to cherish. I've long believed that you should always, always surround yourself with amazing girl friends---the ones who will hold your hair when you puke, bring you tubs of ice cream when that fool breaks your heart, or simply laugh with and listen to you when you need it most. No matter how much you love your significant other, cherish your children, or enjoy your career, you'll always need the helping hands and wittiness of smart, passionate, and inspiring girl friends to enrich your life.
In celebration of love this week, I'm featuring some simple, but refreshing citrus mocktail recipes that not only celebrate the bounty of the season, but would also be great for a cocktail (or mocktail) party. If you are opting for cocktails, I would suggest that you add in a few splashes of your favorite sparkling rosé wine or prosecco and serve it up in some lovely champagne flutes, but most importantly, make sure you toast to all the lovelies in your life. I know I will.
|Sparkling Grapefruit Fizz Mocktail | via Chandara Creative|
|Sparkling Blood Orange Fizz Mocktail | via Chandara Creative|
|Sparkling Kumquat Fizz Mocktail | via Chandara Creative|
Sparkling Citrus Fizz Mocktail
Adapted from Pink Grapefruit Fizz recipe via Absolut
Ingredients - Sparkling Grapefruit Fizz• 3 oz sparkling grapefruit juice, chilled
• 1.5 oz fresh squeezed citrus grapefruit juice
• 1 wedge grapefruit, thinly sliced
Ingredients - Sparkling Blood Orange Fizz• 3 oz sparkling blood orange juice, chilled
• 1.5 oz fresh squeezed blood orange juice
• 1 wedge blood orange, thinly sliced
Ingredients - Sparkling Kumquat Fizz• 3 oz sparkling grapefruit juice, chilled
• 1.5 oz (15-20) fresh squeezed kumquat juice
• 1 kumquat slice
- 1. Fill glass with combo of sparkling & fresh citrus juice of choice, mix & stir well. Garnish with a wedge of grapefruit/blood orange/kumquat and enjoy!
- NOTE: If you're going to turn this into a cocktail, top with 2-3 splashes of your favorite sparkling rosé wine or prosecco and serve it up in tall Champagne flutes! Cheers!