Published in Anthology Magazine, Winter 2014 Issue

posted on: Saturday, January 25, 2014

I've been pinching myself because the day has finally come: I got published! It was only March 2013 when I officially launched the rebrand of Chandara Creative, and on my mental list of personal accomplishments was the opportunity to see my name in print and showcase my talent (if you will) to the world. I've been a long-time fan of Anthology Magazine, a life and shelter magazine dedicated to highlighting some creative design talent when it comes to decorating and entertaining for your home. I love the look and feel of the magazine and just adore the design aesthetic and vision of Meg & Anh-Minh, the magazine's lovely co-founders.

Anthology W14 Issue | Styling: Chandara Creative | Photography: Jen Siska

I really believe things happen for a reason, and opportunities are meant to be seized. I first met Bryant Terry, an eco-chef & food justice activist, and Meg when I was styling a photo shoot lookbook for my gals of Retrofit Republic over a year ago. Fast forward six months later, when both Bryant and Meg approached me with the opportunity to style a shoot for Bryant's release of his upcoming Afro-Vegan cookbook,  I was completely and utterly flattered and before they could change their minds, I was already shooting back an email inquiring about what time they should expect me to arrive. This could not have happened at a more opportune time because if you recall, my first four months of pregnancy was really brutal with a severe case of morning sickness and had they called on me then, I would not have been in any condition to do anything. Luckily, everything worked out and the shoot was amazing, to say the least, and I found myself working alongside some creatives who I've admired for so long, and that was definitely icing on the cake.

Anthology's Winter 2014 issue hits the shelves of all Anthropologie stores nation-wide  in the United States (and even to some international boutiques) starting in early February. My styling feature, A Fusion of Flavors, begins on page 119. I hope you enjoy it and thanks so much for believing in me because it really does mean the world to me!

Here's a magazine preview and video trailer for you:








0 comments:

Post a Comment

Chandara Creative All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger