Hog Island Clam Chowder

posted on: Monday, November 4, 2013

Seeing leaves turn amber shades of red and yellow as I stroll through my neighborhood reminds me yet once again that a new season is upon us and it's time to pull out my cozy sweaters and concoct sweet & savory dishes in my kitchen. After all, it was only last week that I found myself with a serious urge to brown butter, roast brussel sprouts, and subsequently whip up two dozen homemade chocolate chip cookies all in one night. But last night, I just wanted to curl up with a hot cup of something warm and rich like this hearty bowl of comforting clam chowder that I whipped up a few months ago for an amazing photo shoot that was featured on Style Me Pretty Living. It's taken me a while to share it, but I thought it best that I wait for the weather to get a bit chillier before I bring it to the blog. So, here it is.  For the complete recipe, head on over to SMP Living.

About the Recipe:
Hog Island Oyster Farm, located in beautiful Marshall, CA, is known for its sinfully decadent, perfectly briny and fresh sweet water oysters.  And if you ever visit its famous oyster bar in the San Francisco Ferry Building, you wouldn't ever leave without also ordering their signature bowl of clam chowder! As an homage to the West Coast-style chowder where we throw in the entire clam (shell & all), this Hog Island-inspired chowder was made with succulent morsels of Manila clams that will comfort you even on the chilliest of days.
Hog Island Clam Chowder | via Chandara Creative recipes
Hog Island Clam Chowder | via Chandara Creative | Amber Gress Photography



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Chandara Creative All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger