In Remembrance

posted on: Monday, May 27, 2013

" The mystic chords of memory, stretching from every battlefield, and patriot grave, to every living heart...should swell into a mighty chorus of remembrance, gratitude, and rededication..." - Abraham Lincoln
Memorial Day takes a special place in my heart. I come from a family of honorable men who sacrificed their lives to make this day possible for me. After all, my own existence has been one that was borne out of political turmoil.  And as I write, my heart remembers seeing the grim, melancholic expression on my husband's face when we last visited his military base to pay our respects to his fallen soldiers, yet another solemn reminder that our freedoms of today have not been without its price.  And so, today, as many of us take a reprieve from work, I am taking some time to honor and remember our brave men and women who have served, thereby making their ultimate sacrifice to our country.

Memorial Day, Fallen Soldier Memorial, via Chandara Creative
Fallen Soldier Memorial | Schofield Bks, HI | Photography via Chandara Creative







0 comments:

Post a Comment

Chandara Creative All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger